Monday, July 21, 2014

Melany's Birthday Party

Melany had been asking me for months to throw her a birthday party. She wanted balloons, cake, presents and Dora. So Enoch and I worked together and threw Melany a Dora themed birthday party the Saturday after her birthday. I got a lot of ideas from pinterest.

 Enoch and I made Melany's chocolate cake with strawberries and cream cheese frosting. I put the shredded chicken in the crockpot for the tacos and made salsa. We also made strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I traced the butterfly with cardboard paper and Enoch assembled with aluminum foil it to make a fruit tray. I made strawberry lemonade and greek yogurt dip for the veggie dip, which was in the form of a tree. I made two banners and special floral arrangements to match the Dora colors. I picked up the balloons and a piñata from the store. We had several friends over from church, my work and the military.

Weeks ago, we won an auction at church where a balloon man would come make balloon animals to a party. He was the hit of the party as he was able to make so many balloon creations. He even made a pregnant dog for me. The funny thing is that in real life, he's a lawyer! Haha..he also happens to be my good friend's husband:) The kids had so much fun playing "put the Map on the Dora" and hitting the piñata. However, our Melany was so sweet she refused to hit Dora, she felt bad for her. When someone hit Dora and her shoe fell, Melany was concerned and wanted to put it back on! It was so funny to see how worried she was for poor Dora.

 Overall, there was so much work for Enoch and I but, Melany really enjoyed it. Everyone loved the tacos and kept asking me for the recipe. Melany kept smiling throughout the party. I'm glad we were able to make Melany's party come true!














Mama loves you Melany!





Melany's Birthday crown



No comments: