Tuesday, July 29, 2014

First time visiting the state capitol~Austin

 My job gave me the opportunity to attend training on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(CBT) at Austin two weeks ago.  Enoch got sick the day before we were supposed to leave so he went to the ER as he was struck with Bell’s Palsy again! I was so concerned for his health and sad he and Melany might not be able to come with me as planned.  But we prayed and he felt he was “ok” to go with me.
          The training was 3 days long and we left on Sunday afternoon as it started early on Monday morning. Austin is 1 hour and a half North from San Antonio. We stayed at the Embassy Suites, which was paid for by my job. We had free breakfast every day. It was so delicious!

      While I was in the training, Enoch and Melany ventured out in the city.  They went to several fun places like the Austin Children’s Museum, Town Lake (Lady Bird Lake), the pool, a train ride, Austin Nature and Science Center.

     On Tuesday we headed to visit the grounds of the state Capitol. It was of course, very hot and musty. But, the landscape and butterflies all around made for a really nice walk.

        On our last day in Austin, I was let out early for my training and we headed to the Zilker Botanical Gardens. It was peaceful to walk around the gardens and ponder on how beautiful life can be. I was so grateful to be surrounded by my family as we walked around the lush greenery and saw beautiful plants, and animals. Enoch was kind enough to snap some pictures of my belly at almost 34 weeks. I was so glad he and Melany came with me to the trip. I enjoyed getting trained in CBT and feel more confident in utilizing this type of therapy to help others.



 


 




Water lilies!












 

No comments: