I like to call the whole process as my "job journey." So many things happened that lead me to find the job I started this week. I was offered two jobs and for several reasons did not follow through. For one of the jobs, I called the day before to decline the offer. This was something I didn't want to do but I felt an impression this was not the job for me. I prayed and felt comforted by the Lord. A week later I got a call from the Human Resource department offering me the job! I was elated and shocked. There were several applicants and due to the generous benefits, and competitive pay, many were desirous of this position. I wanted this job because it is a God centered working environment and I will be doing therapy with a special population.
It has been a week since I started at Methodist Healthcare Ministries(MHM). I work for the Behavioral Health department of MHM in their Wesley Wellness Center. I am one of the Master level social workers and work with several departments in our wellness center. Our patients get referred to us for therapy or case management needs by doctors, nurses, dentists and other medical personnel.
No comments:
Post a Comment