Sunday, May 12, 2013

Family 5k for March of Dimes

Yesterday we jogged/walked as a family in the March of Dimes 5k. Melany was in the stroller and enjoyed strolling through the Sea World park. It was so nice to be participating for such a good cause. There were many babies,moms,dads,uncles,aunties and friends supporting one another and marching in honor of babies who were born premature or never made it.

   Melany almost didn't make it when I was in labor due to the poor choices of the obgyn  that was on-call. I felt my world and heart fall apart. Enoch and I prayed so fervently and God granted us the blessing of having a healthy baby.

Sadly, other babies don't have this outcome. Hence, why we had to participate in this important 5k. The money raised helps the organization fund research programs to ensure babies are helped through their birth and beyond. You can go here http://marchforbabies.org to get more information.

Enjoying an apple after the 5k






No comments: