Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I'm a mom before anything!

                                     Life has its ways of reminding me what matters most.
          During our short time in San Angelo, and right after I received notice of receiving my license, I applied for jobs. I got an interview the next day I sent my resume, got hired on the spot, and started 1 week after with a small company that contracts with home health agencies. Everything was moving so fast that I had little time to find a home, and settle in to a new city by myself with my little baby. It was hard to grasp what was happening and went through several hoops and obstacles this past month that led me to make an important decision.
         I quit my job after working a little over 1 month of working. And the main reason is that this job required me to work an average of 10 to 12 hours day. This caused me to not only work the regular 9 hour days but also take work home. And this probably wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that I''m the mother to a 20 month old baby girl. I promised God and myself to always be a mother before anything. The love I have for Melany is more powerful than anything. And that love is what gave me the strength to get through so many trials and problems I went through this month. Not all my problems were work related but no matter what I was going through, seeing Melany, how big she is, her sweet kisses and hugs are what helped me go through it all.
      And for now, I am enjoying the best job I've ever had and will have, being a mom. I will probably work again in the next months or so, but it has to be a job that won't take all my time, because no job is worth me being away from my little girl.
Oh how I love her!

All smiles after eating chocolate chip cookies

Airman Trefflich


1 comment:

Kirsten Treff said...

Wow, that's a hard decision to make, and I'm sure it'll be for the best. Way to be strong in your priorities :)