"It is the nature of man to rise
to greatness if greatness is expected of him." -John Steinbeck
We've been wanting for a while to visit the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas. It was a 30 minute drive from Seaside but boy was it worth the wait. I grew up reading Steinbeck in high school thanks to one of my our teachers who insisted we read both the Grapes of Wrath and Of Mice and Men. I've always had a love for books but at the time did not realize how important these books and authors were. As I entered college, the love for reading really blossomed and I found myself being grateful for books and authors who chose to be honest and candid about certain historical and literary topics.
Hence, was my joy when I walked in to the John Steinbeck Center and was able to experience all it had to offer. We were able to discover Steinbeck’s world through interactive, multi-sensory exhibits, unique artifacts and seven themed theaters showcasing East of Eden, Cannery
Row, Of Mice and Men, The Grapes of Wrath and other books he wrote.
Instilling this joy for reading and appreciation of literature to Melany and our future children has been very important to Enoch and I. We are very happy to say that although Melany is just 13 months old, she prefers to pick up a book, or ask to be read to than anything else. She can say "book" with a very cute baby accent and absolutely loves it when we engage her in a good book reading.
 |
| At the entrance to the museum, we had to pose with Marilyn! |
 |
| Ta-Da! |
 |
| Wrong way Melany |
 |
| Hello! Anyone there? |
No comments:
Post a Comment