“The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfillment"- Earl Nightingale
My birthday weekend and birthday was one of the most peaceful I've ever had. I was happy to have a calm, relaxed weekend enjoying the area and spending quality time with Enoch and Melany. As I grow older, and more mature, I realize that I am no longer interested in "gifts" but rather spending time with those I love. However, it was nice to get some lovely birthday cards from my family and friends and going on a date with my hubby. It felt so nice to be remembered.
And I was very happy when I remembered a goal I made to myself on my last birthday. The goal was to loose my baby weight.. As some of you can recall, I made a goal on New Years eve to loose weight. Well, my update on that is that I have lost about 15 pounds since then! Wow! I can hardly believe it! I have lost my baby weight and more! I am not stopping there though. I don't want to be stick thin because that has never been appealing to me.Instead, I want to have a healthy weight for my petite height.
How have I lost this weight? First, I made lifestyle changes that have helped me be happy and well. For starters, I do yoga, zumba, and/or individual workouts 3 to 4 times a week. Combining these exercises help add variety and fun to being active. I also have to watch what I eat, and eat smaller portions. I limit my bread, rice and sweet intake and add more vegetables and fruits to my diet. Practicing yoga helps to easy my stress and dancing to the zumba routines is by far my favorite. In Zumba, I combine my love for dancing and exercise. The best part has been being able to put on those pair of jeans that I thought would never fit me!
Being overweight is something I've struggled with almost all my life. I seriously thought that I couldn't loose weight because that's how my body was built. I would listen to my family criticize my weight growing up, that I eventually believed them. And I was always so embarrassed to talk about my weight because it would bring back those negative comments and re-inforced that silly idea.
Well, I decided t put in to practice the components of a type of intervention I learned in my MSW program. I brushed up on the components of Cognitive Behavioral therapy and used them on myself. Months have passed since I decided to do this and I realize how much it was all in my head. I am being patient with myself and loving this new lifestyle change. I feel great, so great that I am currently training myself to run in a 10K. Yay!
| The only picture I took at then end of my bday, so tired! |
No comments:
Post a Comment