Wednesday, July 18, 2012

First year as parents


     Being a parent has been the most rewarding job I’ve had and will ever have. There is nothing more fulfilling than to see my child grow up and knowing that I helped them in that process. It also has its tough times and moments when you don’t know what to do or how to best help your child. Recently, Melany had to go to the ER again! She fell down and landed on her head and to make sure she was ok, we took her to the hospital. She ended being fine but I have to admit, taking her for the 3rd time this year to the ER left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I felt powerless because as parents, we would do anything to have our children not go through pain. But thankfully she was ok and even smiled after she was checked by the doctor.
         When I have encountered those troubling moments, I try to remember what I have learned in my schooling.  But in the end, the most effective tool for me has been to pray. Kneeling down in prayer for help from my Heavenly Father has helped me get through this first year as a new mom. While I know I am not perfect, nor do I pretend to be, I know that all I can do is try my best and love Melany with all my heart. I am looking forward to having other children in the future but in the meantime, I am enjoying the ride with Enoch and Melany by my side.





No comments: