Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Busy Bees

This past week was really busy filled with wholesome activities and assignments. I felt like I was doing one thing after another but really tried to be mentally present in the process. It started by spending two full days, 8 hours each of working on my final papers for school in the library. I was able to finish one that is due this week. Yay!

We had Thanksgiving dinner with my family and drove on Friday to San Diego to visit with Enoch's family for the weekend. It was fun to chat with family, enjoy fresh air at Lake Cuyamaca and walk around downtown San Diego. The highlight of our trip was going to the San Diego temple with Enoch. The peace we felt was incredible! It helped Enoch and I to get ready for our talk on "gratitude" the following day at church. We both felt we did well on our talks and are grateful for the opportunity. We attended our friend's son's first birthday last week and had them over our house this Sunday for dinner. It was nice to spend time with them and will take on their offer to visit them in Virginia one day.

I took Melany to the doctors appointment today, she weighs 16 pounds and 26 inches long. She is very healthy, and loves to be tickled!

Phew! That was a lot. I have on more big final paper to write and as of next Friday I will be free from school and 1, yes 1! more semester shy of GRADUATING!
In the meantime, I take any chance I get to enjoy my precious baby and my dear husband before he leaves for boot camp in January.
Melany attending her first birthday party

Yes, we are thankful for you Melany!

Love those cheeks!
Mommy loves to play with Melany
She sure didn't like that life vest

At Lake Cuyamaca

With my favorite sister-in-law
First swing ride at a park in San Diego
Waiting patiently at doctors office

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor baby got her shots... I'm sad.

Beth said...

You seem to be very happy even while you are so busy. Your baby is so cute! Being a mom is the best job in the world!