Friday, December 23, 2011

Priorities

       I am very happy/surprised/humbled by the fact that I got straight A's this semester as well as the previous one. It has not been at all easy balancing being  a mother, student, school counselor, wife, daughter, sister and other hats I wear. Thus was my reason for being in awe as I saw my grades in the school website this past week. I can't say I'm a perfectionist(or at least I try not to be) but I try my best at what I do. My main focus was to be a faithful, nurturing mother to my daughter and prayed constantly for the Lord to give me the energy to stay up late writing papers, being sleep deprived and not working on myself. I focused first on being an attuned mother, then a Graduate student, and lastly (I hate to say this) my weight. I know I have a lot of pounds to loose but I know once I am done with this Masters program I will have time to work on that. In the mean time, I try to sneak in some running time here and there and try to eat as healthy as possible. Unfortunately, the way I loose weight is by exercising daily, drinking lots of water, on top of eating healthy of course. I know I must be patient with myself and work with the little time I have. In the mean time, I will count my blessings, and celebrate the accomplishments I do have:) There is just one more semester until I walk on that stage and boy am I looking forward to it!



No comments: