Saturday, June 18, 2011

Waiting and wondering

Lately, there have been two things on my mind constantly. One of those pertains to the unknown time when our baby will be due. This is a "normal" unknown that I'm ok with having. There is another "unknown"  that I never thought I'd be contemplating. I can't say much yet (I promise I will once I confirm) but what I can say it will affect our small family greatly. I've been wanting to scream and shout about it because the plan is so crazy to me.

     On the other hand, today happens to be the day I will be having my baby shower! I'm so excited to see some of my friends and family gathered together to celebrate the upcoming birth of our child. I feel so blessed to have family and friends that make my life beautiful and special. I will miss those of you who are out of state/country in places like Guatemala, D.C., Colorado, Louisiana, Texas and Philadelphia. Please know that your prayers and good wishes have helped me have a good pregnancy so far. I love you!

    I'm also wondering how our little milk shake will look like. Will she have her father's unique eyebrows/ears or her mother's dark hair and tan skin? Hmm..?? In the mean time, I am contemplating on this journey of pregnancy. To some, pregnancy was a breeze. For me, I don't think so. I traveled with this baby to Guatemala, hiked the Mayan ruins, finished my first year of grad school and sat in a therapy session with my client trying really hard not to fall asleep or barf in their faces.
Ah! the joys of pregnancy. I loved the experience but I'm also glad its coming to an end! I love making fun of how I was in denial at first but I wouldn't have it any other way. We love our baby so much!

Add the black hair and she might look like this!




*These cartoons are too funny:






No comments: