"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world." -Dalai Lama
I can't get enough of the fact I'm done with my first year of grad school at USC. I loved learning about myself, my family and human beings. I loved being back to school after 2 years of not immersing myself in books, and expanding my knowledge in a classroom setting. I grew so much from my internship at the health care clinic in Boyle Heights. It was such a good experience to work with doctors, nurses, and other personnel in a clinical setting. My clients came from all walks of life, I conducted several types of interventions ranging from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Play therapy.
But, everything must come to an end and while there were so many positive experiences there was also so much stress and sacrifice involved. I have never struggled so much in school like I did this last semester. The pressure to maintain high grades and being pregnant was very draining. Coming home from internship and working on 15 page papers was exhausting! What kept me going was the fact I knew and know this is what God wants me to do. I know He carried me through those long, endless nights studying and writing papers. And I know He will continue to help me in my next challenge as a mother and last year in grad school.
Last week I managed to take a break from finals to see the Dalai Lama. He spoke to a crowd of 5,500 on the importance of individual happiness, happy families, happy communities and a happy world. I'm grateful for people who spread the message of happiness around the world.
![]() |
| This is where I spent my days studying, the Leavy Library |
![]() |
| The Dalai Lama at USC |


No comments:
Post a Comment