"Marriage in its truest sense, is a partnership of equals, with neither exercising dominion over the other, but, rather, with each encouraging and assisting the other in whatever responsibilities and aspirations he or she might have." — Gordon B. Hinckley
Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. It feels like it should be our 4 year anniversary because that's how long Enoch and I have been together.
I worked all day and got home to a beautiful bouquet of flowers. We then headed to a fancy Brazilian restaurant in Culver City called Libra. The food was delicious and we really enjoyed our time being together.
Last week I started pondering about our upcoming anniversary, on how things have changed since Enoch and I have been together. I can say that being married has given me a happiness that I had never experienced before. It has also taught me about very important principles and has shaped me as a human being. I have learned these lessons through our trials and struggles as a family. We have gone through so much and constantly sacrifice so much for each other and for our future. We rarely see each other since Enoch has 2 jobs, carries a full load in school and does volunteer work. I, on the other hand am carrying 17 units in school and working at a clinic in Boyle Heights for my internship. And did I mention I'm 6 months pregnant?! Our little baby keeps me motivated and provides plenty of random smiles during the day as she kicks letting me know shes there.
Needless to say, our lives consist of work..work..work! Sometimes it hard to keep up with so much going on on top of church callings, helping our families and keeping up with our home responsabilities. It is only with God's help that we have been able to keep up with this crazy lifestyle. However, I treasure those sweet, simple moment with Enoch, when we don't think of our responsabilites and simply enjoy each others company. I have learned not to take my husband for granted and to tell him every day via text or before he leaves for work how much I love and care for him. I admire his hard work and dedication. I admire his willingness to make our marriage work depspite the madness that surrounds us.
I can see why Heavenly Father gave him to me. We both support each others dreams, we both believe in one another, we both love the other with all our heart. And that is why when I think of our marriage, I can honestly say, it has not been easy, but I wouldn't change it for the world!



1 comment:
What a beautiful post Babe. I love you so much
Happy Anniversary
Post a Comment