Monday, May 10, 2010

Feliz dia de las madres

In the U.S., mother's day was yesterday May 9th. In many Latin American countries, including my country Guatemala, that day is today. So I want to take this time to write how much I admire, appreciate and love my mother. No one knows my mother like I do. Being the oldest, I have been a witness of how strong and resilient she has been throughout her life. My mother has not had the typical life some mothers had. From her childhood to the present, she has overcome so many trials. I don’t know how she’s still manages to be sane and "normal." I admire my mom for her strength in dealing with life's difficulties and oh...did I mention she drives 18 wheelers for a living? Yes! She’s super strong. I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. And yet she is so sweet, responsible, and a great cook. She can cook anything from wontons to a delicious seafood soup. She has taught me to study hard in school and never give up. One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned from her is to always work hard regardless of your circumstances.
I'm grateful to God for my mother, I can honestly say that I am the person I am today because of the morals, values and lessons I have learned from her. I love her dearly.

1 comment:

Enoch said...

Babe, this is beautiful. I'm so luck to have such a great momin law :)