Monday, April 26, 2010

One year anniversary

I know this is a couple weeks overdue but I've been so busy planning my friends bridal shower, designing my bridesmaid dress, applying for a new job, scholarships,etc, etc.. But here it is:
For our one year anniversary(April 11) Enoch and I decided to get away for the weekend. We had our weekend booked with wholesome activites. We left for San Diego on Friday, where we stopped by the flower fields at Carlsbad. Being a flower lover, this was such a neat experience to be surrounded by flowers all around. Next, we headed to visit Enoch's brother and spent some time with his kids in San Diego. Enoch took me to dinner and drove not far to the Marriott hotel to take dance lessons and dance the night away. I love dancing with Enoch, I love when he spins me and guides me through the dance floor.
On Saturday, we went to the San Diego temple and did sealings! Oh what a wonderful idea it was. I was so happy to be back at the place we got sealed. It so special to be there and reminisce on the day when we were sealed for time and all eternity! We later went bike riding on the beach and harbor of San Diego. We drove to San Clemente where we hiked and walked around Dana Point. Our anniversary was so much fun and memorable.
I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend. He fills my life with pure joy and genuine love and kindness. He makes me want to be a better person. He has so much patience with me and my silly ways. Enoch cooks dinner for me, takes care of me when I am sick and cleans our home when he has the time. He always tries to make me happy. I remember thinking to myself when I met him "I finally found my smile." Why would I say that? Because up to that point in my life, there was really no other person who could make me smile like he does. I am so grateful for having him in my life.

3 comments:

Enoch said...

Babe this is a great entry. I hope next year we can take our anniversary out of the country!
MUAH!

Beth said...

How sweet! It seems like it's been much longer than a year since we first met you only a few days/weeks after you got married. Ben and I are coming up on our forth anniversary. Every year seems to be better than the last. I'm pretty lucky to be married to my best friend too. Thanks for the updates!!! -Beth

Kirsten Treff said...

how cute- glad you got to have a nice getaway!