Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!


"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book iS called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." 
 -Edith Lovejoy Pierce
I don't know about you, but I love the new year. I love to have a fresh start at things. The year 2009 brought much happiness but sadly much sorrow as well. So despite those bad experiences Enoch and I are looking forward to this year filled with many opportunites. One of those opportunities is to serve. Enoch and I both love to help those in need. So its no surprise that my job in Santa Monica and my calling in the church entails helping and serving. For this coming year we have many goals and hope to accomplish them.
For new years eve, we spend some time with our families who live in the same area and our friends! I love friends. They lift you up and offer some of the most genuine concern and love. I was thrilled to welcome the new year dancing the night away. 2010 came faster than we expected but, boy were we waiting for it! Every year brings hope and faith that things will get better and it is a reminder of how short life is. So one of our new years resolution is to enjoy the journey and while the destination is important, the journey is just as important. I look forward to the trips and memories we will build as husband and wife this year. Specially because it will be our first anniversary this year. I'm still hoping to get a camera soon so we can post some better pictures of our trips and such.
We know this year will be a good one and we wish you all the best as well!



2 comments:

The Gillette's said...

It's nice to see an update of you and Enoch! Glad to hear you had such a fun time bringing in the New Year! May this year be full of blessings and love for your little family. You need to send me your email again so I can send you an invite to my blog. I'm also so sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard to go through such hard trials that you sometimes don't understand why they happen but they do. Stay close to Heavenly Father! He has great blessings your way. Be patient and they will appear without you even expecting them :-)

Beth said...

I hope this year brings many wonderful blessings to your family!!!

Beth