Monday, January 12, 2015

4 month-old Maya

Facial expressions galore!
      4 month old-Maya has been growing faster than we can keep up with. She's had a pretty rough past month. She's been sick for weeks! I took her to the doctors and saw the PA, who had Maya tested for the flu, RSV and food allergies. The results came out negative. I almost cancelled the LA trip because she continued to be sick with runny nose and cough. We prayed and felt we should go anyways since the PA just said some babies just catch some viruses but she could not be given any medication. Well unfortunately, Maya didn't get better in LA which resulted in limited outings and no beach for us:(  I'm not going to lie, it's been really hard getting up several times throughout the night because Maya wakes up constantly.

        When we got back from LA, we were able to see Maya's Pediatrician for her 4 month check-up. The doctor heard her chest and it was congested/wheezing. So the doctor diagnosed her with Reactive Airway disease (RAD). She prescribe us meds to give to her through a nebulizer machine, which we give twice a day. Maya hates it. But interesting enough, she hasn't been too fussy. She amazes me because despite being sick, she manages to laugh, smile and giggle specially during a tickle session. The good news is she is developing well, as she is in the 50% percentile in height and weight. On 1/7/14(the date of her 4 month check-up) she was 13.9lbs and 23 3/4 inches long.

I learn so much from this adorable 4 month-old baby. Sure, I'm exhausted and tired, but feel so blessed to have such a beautiful, happy child.

Having a little too much fun at church;)









Sick face but happy to be with Aba


She prefers her fingers over a pacifier


Little bear feet
Looking quite attentively

12-28-14- Exactly 4 months old

No comments: