We found out on the day of our anniversary. Enoch and I took the day off work and Melany was with us for the ultrasound appointment. Enoch and I were very shocked because we really thought I was having a boy. I thought that because my nausea and other symptoms were worse than with Melany, this time around it would be a boy.
After the shock, we were able to really imagine how wonderful it's going to be for Melany to have a little sister. And I thought how fun it is to dress and shop for little girls!
My pregnancy has gotten better but I am still feeling very tired. Working 9 hour days makes for a very tired Mama. And we've also been working on potty training Melany so I am extra tired. But I can't complain, I am 24 weeks tomorrow (6 months) and both the baby and I are doing well.
Our little girl kicks so much and it can get interesting being in a therapy session at work, and all of a sudden a little kick reminds me she is there.
We also just finished taking birthing classes taught by our doula.
Yes! I am having a doula and I am aiming for a VBAC. I want to experience natural labor without meds (as muCh as possible). I will be using skills I learned in grad school about CBT and relaxation exercises, meditation..as well as reading up and studying everything about hypnobirthing. I will also be doing prenatal yoga.
| 23 weeks |
| Melany is super excited to have a baby sister |
| Melany says "this is my baby" |
| 21 weeks |

1 comment:
Yay! Having two little girls is like being in HEAVEN! Best of luck to you with your delivery!
Post a Comment