Last month we were able to attend a free event for military families. It was held at Fort Sam Houston (Army base) and it had a Western theme. They had authentic "cowboy" cooking on 1800s-style chuck wagons, live music, ponies, sheep and we also got to see a Rodeo Show. The weather was nice and the base was not too far from our house.
The food and drinks were also free so Enoch had a blast eating all of the BBQ, burgers, baked beans and corn bread possible. Melany opted to not ride the mechanical bull or horses. She would say she would, I would get in line and then she would freak out at the last minute. Melany did manage to run and land her whole body in a big puddle of mud. Daddy came to the rescue and changed her clothes quickly.
And I was wishing I could get on the bull, horses and crave all the food Enoch ate but I couldn't. Nonetheless, I was happy with spending the day with my family. It was a very nice event and we are grateful we got treated to all the fun.
| Right before she landed in the mud-watching the sheep |
| We love the USA! |


No comments:
Post a Comment