Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Life updates


Life here in San Antonio has been better than we expected. The Lord is blessing our family so much. We see His hands in our lives and are so eternally grateful for it.  Overall, we are excited because we are working towards buying a house. Once the details are confirmed, we will be more than happy to share it.  But, here's an individual update on our familia.

Enoch
Enoch is still training for his job, and enjoys it. He is making good friends there and feels that is where God wanted him to be. He loves that his supervisor also served a mission in Brazil just like he did. Enoch and I are nursery leaders for our ward and are learning even more patience.

Melany
Melany is almost 2! She is 23 months old, and is a very silly, happy baby with a lot of curiosity. Poor Melany did not have very good luck with some of the day cares we've taken her to. For some reason or another, we didn't feel they were a good fit, either because of distance, or quality of the day care. But she now attends a day care where her teacher is a member of the church(by coincidence/God) and she is in a Learning Academy where education is highly regarded. She's really blossoming and getting brighter than ever. She learns about country's like Italy, and other cultures from around the world. One of the best parts is we can see her through the internet at any time of the day since the school has cameras and a special password for parents to watch.

Sonia
I am enjoying going to all the family friendly places in San Antonio with Enoch and Melany. I really like my job and feel privileged to be invited to a person's life during therapy sessions. My job is not easy but it is the best job I've ever had. I am also working on my body and health overall. I usually wake up at 4:30am to work out before my job. I am training to run a marathon and eating as healthy as possible. I am not the fastest runner but I do stick to it as best I can. I run about 15 miles a week which will increase as the marathon gets closer. I also strength train to build strong muscles. It feels so GOOD to eat healthy and exercise. It is the BEST coping skill for my job and life in general. And I am so thrilled to see my family and friends tomorrow. I can't wait!!


Enoch and Melany on father's day




Silly as can be!

No comments: