Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter weekend 2013

This Saturday we went to an Easter even on base. We wanted Melany to meet the Easter bunny and take a picture with him. Well, our little Melany was not very fond of that bunny, and refused to even sit on his lap! It was funny but she was freaking out when she saw the white bunny. So we took pictures with a stuffed bunny instead. Later, we took Melany to the pool in our apartment complex. She absolutely loves being around water and begs for us to take her every day.
On Easter day, I cooked dinner and baked my very first cake! It was from a box since I want to slowly learn how to bake. I was very nervous it wouldn't taste good, but Enoch was very encouraging. I made a gluten free, chocolate cake, with Lite Whipped cream, topped with raspberries and strawberries. We loved it! I tend to be a brutal critic of my own cooking, but I honestly loved the cake! Too bad my camera's lense was loose and was not able to take pictures of the final results of the cake. We just couldn't wait to try it, since it looked so good.
Later that evening, we had a special FHE remembering our Lord and Savior. We are so grateful that he sacrificed so much for us. Although his death, and the treatment he received here on earth was not always the kindest, he was triumphant and ascended to His father. He taught kindness, and showed with actions the love he has for humankind. He followed his father's will and resurrected just like he said he would!
The card I made for Easter

All ready to go to the Easter celebration




The first time I used our wedding gift

No comments: