Friday, January 4, 2013

Licensed Master Social Worker(LMSW) Exam



     A big chink of my time was taken in December to study for the Association of Social Work Board's Masters level exam. This was such a nail biting process because there is so much to study for! Everything from diagnosing mental illnesses, pharmacology to the different types of therapies and substance abuse issues! I studied for hours every day and have to admit that I was the one going nuts towards the end. But my favorite part was reviewing the psychosocial, moral, and cognitive developmental stages of people. I was stressed out because I have to pass this exam since in the state of Texas, you cannot work as a social worker until you pass it! No pressure, right?! The test was on 12/27/12, contained 170 questions, and we had 4 hours to complete it.
       Well after much praying and studying, my hard work paid off because I passed the test! Phew! I was so relieved to have done this and oh so happy I jumped for joy! I will receive the actual license number from the state of Texas in a couple of weeks. I can't wait!

No comments: