We took a trip with our fun, wonderful
friends, Rich and Marissa. We first toured the famous Winchester House in San
Jose. This is a mansion that was the home of Sarah
Winchester, the widow of the inventor of the Winchester Riffle. What is so
weird about this mansion is that it was always under construction for 38
years and is reported to be haunted. Mrs. Winchester thought the house was
haunted by the ghosts of the people who fell victim to Winchester rifles,
and through the advice of a psychic, only continuous
construction would appease them. Creepy! We toured only 108 rooms in the house,
and I have to say, it is a really odd house that made me really dizzy!
After we toured the weird home, we headed to Palo Alto for some Brazilian BBQ at Pampas Restaurant. Enoch and Rich had been wanting to go to a Brazilian Restaurant since they both served missions in Brazil. I have to admit the food was delish but unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it much since I was coming up with the stomach flu! Bummer! But Enoch and everyone else surely enjoyed this dinner and this fun filled day. We will really miss Rich and Marissa since they were so good to us and made our stay in the area very memorable.



No comments:
Post a Comment