Wednesday, May 30, 2012

We did it!! USC~Masters in Social Work Graduation!

  I'm still getting settled in our home so this is why I'm a little late in blogging about my graduation. There was a smaller graduation for the whole school on Thursday May 10 hosted by the Chicano/Latino graduation. Some of my friends and family members attended this event.
USC's Masters in Social Work gradation was held on Friday May 11th at 6:30p.m. at the Shrine Auditorium. There were several of us graduating, 400 or so. Helen, Athena, and my family was present for this memorable day. I can hardly believe the moment I was longing for is over and I officially have a Masters degree! Woo hoo!! It was a tough road to get here but I'm glad I did it.
  I now have a greater understanding as to why people do the things they do and how I can help them have a more fulfilling life (no pressure;)
    I feel so blessed and privilege to call myself a social worker and to have a profession where I can help those in need. It comes with a lot of responsibility, self-awareness, compassion and love for humankind. The perks is that it helps me a better mother, spouse, friend and human being.
                                             Here's to the class of 2012! We did it!!
on our way to the graduation
Family Picture
With my best friends/sister-in law at the Chicano/Latino graduation

With my good friend/classmate, David
Almost Melany, only 18 years or so to go
Proud mommy!

No comments: