Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Balancing Act

It hasn't been easy balancing being a mom, MSW student, School Social Work Intern and Air Force wife. I have my good days and bad days like everyone else but there have been a couple of things I've had to do to not break up in tears every day for the madness of my long days juggling all my responsibilities. People ask me "how do you do it?" all the time! I answer by saying "I don't know?" But the real answer is "I DO KNOW." And I'll tell you HOW I manage to maintain myself on the Dean's List at USC for my MSW program, take Melany to the doctor's, work out at the gym, write letters to Enoch, attend church, do house chores, etc..

1. Pray/Read Scriptures/Listen to talks, Hyms- Without God I am nothing! He gives me the endurance to overcome so much. When I am having a bad day, I pray to Him for comfort, understanding, patience and strength

2. I have to be ORGANIZED- I always plan ahead and write on my calendar, iphone important dates/assignments at  school/ appointments, etc..

3.  Identify my coping skills: I know what makes me cope with adversity, and specially now that Enoch is gone. I know I can: work out, do yoga, laugh, and talk to people that are close to me that help me de-stress.

There you have it! Some of the reasons on HOW I can do what I do and maintain my sanity in the process!









No comments: