Monday, October 12, 2015

Remember September

September had its ups and downs for our family. But we are grateful to be in good health and together.

On Labor Day, we went to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch, a huge ranch with a petting barnyard, and driving encounters with giraffes, deer, zebras and other neat animals.

 I was so sad to get the news my Grandfather was diagnosed with lung cancer. He got surgery, but sadly lost his voice in the process. I was able to call Guatemala and hear his voice for the last time.

I traveled to El Paso to do a last home study for an Adopting family.

But, I got my job back doing therapy and case management at Methodist Healthcare Ministries! I started on the 14, it’s a long story but I had to quit the contract work I was doing with the Adoptions agency. But God, blessed me with something way better!

Melany, Maya and I got strep throat. Maya went to the ER, had blood in her throat and was VERY sick. I was really scared because I’d never seen her so ill. I went to the urgent care the next day, Melany two days after that went to her Pediatrician. We got better with the help of God, the meds, and our Nurse Enoch. I don't know how but, I never missed work. I was exhausted though. Enoch's job let him go to work later so he could stay home with the girls while I went to work.

Pictures of our month:

A deer getting too friendly for Enoch's sake

Maya leading the way through the Safari

Just kidding,..the car was parked

Reading while waiting to see the animals
Petting the goats


Too big for this stroller now

In Las Vegas during a layover

Visited my cousin Jazmin in El Paso where she and her Army family are stationed

So happy to get a package from Uncle Kevin

Bears from his Washington trip!
Little helper

Watermelon- perfect snack


My cute Grandpa-when he was not so sick.

Daddy the Linguist bought Melany a Dictionary as a gift

Melany said "Daddy..open your eyes when you smile!"

No more being sick

At Chuck E' Cheese

No comments: