Melany's Toddler Interview: 21 Questions
1.
What is something mommy always says to you? Listen!listen!
2. What makes you happy? Playing with you makes me happy
3. What makes you sad? When you're not playing with me
4.
What makes you laugh? When
you tickle me
5.
How old are you? 3
6.
How old is Mommy? I
don’t know
7.
How old is Daddy? 8
8. What is your favorite thing to do? Watch Dora
9.
Who is your best friend? Mommy
10.
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Doctor
11.
What are you really good at? Playing
12.
What are you not very good at? listening
13.
What did you do today? I
played with Ronnie and Jane
14.
What is your favorite food? Broccoli,
chicken, soup and rice
15.
What is your favorite song? I
know that my Savior Loves me
16.
What do you want for your birthday this year? A cake and tiger decorations
17.
What is your favorite animal? Tigers
18.
What is love? Means
heart
19.
What does daddy do for work? Umm..I
don’t know
20.
Where do you live? In Texas
21.
Where is your favorite place to go? The park and playgrounds
Words to describe Melany: Kind, smart, helpful, funny, sweet, musical, energetic, independent, intuitive, and with a huge imagination.
Melany loves to sing in Primary at Church and play
instruments in her toy room and in Music class. She enjoys drawing and making
pretty drawings of my name “Mom” or "Dad" on paper which she gives to us as gifts. She
loves to learn the alphabet and is learning how to read. Melany will have her
first soccer game this upcoming Saturday.
At her short age,
Melany has taught me more than any book or course. We have
struggled to help her be a good listener, develop healthy boundaries and to
have a desire to be obedient. Melany’s always had a mind of her own, but it’s
been challenging for the past 2 years, to help nurture her need for independence,
while setting healthy boundaries and discipline. You see, Melany is as
persistent and free spirited as they come. She struggles with rules, like any
child her age but, also with listening and following directions. The listening
has been a huge deal because it affects interactions not just with us her
parents, but with others. It had gotten
so bad that about a month and a half ago, I prayed so fervently, like I did when she was in
the hospital as a 6 month-old baby. I prayed to God for strength, long
suffering and HELP! I was at my wits end, doing those things in my life that
would help me be a better Mother, like having charity for my child, and others, serving,
praying, reading my scriptures. But I felt that her behavior was not changing
and I was not seeing any improvements despite my years of pleading for an
improvement. I felt like a failure. I felt like regardless of my degree,
sacrifices, and love, it simply was not enough to help my child. As I was praying I remembered just feeling so much peace, and a
feeling that everything was going to be ok. I then took the longest shower and
felt in a way cleansed from my pain, and disappointments.
I’ve seen miracles in my lifetime, but I had never witnessed
a miracle occur so fast as this one. The very next day I prayed, Melany
changed! She was not ignoring me when I asked her to do something. She was not
crying, or running away. She was listening like never before and even said “ok,
I will do it Mommy!” It was almost like her little heart and mind had changed
along with mine. One of the things I prayed for was for God to help both Melany
and I to be obedient. I asked for Melany to be obedient to me, and I to the
Lord. I asked for opportunities to serve the Lord and pay him back a little bit
of everything he’s given to me. This experience was such a faith building
opportunity. Melany has been doing so much better, tries her best to listen and there is definitely more
harmony and peace in our home like never before. God lives and He hears all of
our prayers. Melany continues to teach me about God and His love for our
family.
| Helping me make her favorite drink-berry lemonade |
| Melany helped Daddy plant a seed and was so happy to see the flower that bloomed |
| Aba sent Melany this beautiful "Elsa dress" as she calls it |
| Melany loves birthday parties..and cake! |
| Another funny Melany pose |
| Yes, those are my earrings she used as her bracelet |
| Oh how I adore her! |
| Wearing a dress a friend sent her from California |
| This is how I found her when I went to check if she was sleeping-with a picture of family |
| Ready for Music class |
| On our way to her first soccer practice |
| Daddy+Melany |
| She stepped inside a big toy castle at the Disney store |
No comments:
Post a Comment