Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Our 5 year anniversary

“Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” — Jennifer Smith


     It seems like just yesterday on a November day in 2007 that I met a sweet, funny, tall, blue-eyed gentleman. Almost a year and a half later in 2009, I got sealed to him in the San Diego temple for time and all eternity. It's been five years since that we embarked on the journey of marriage. As I look back, I realize just how much I've grown and learned about myself, Enoch, God and marriage. One of the things I learned from the start is that marriage is not easy. I realized that it takes so much more than just love, and it's surely a work in progress.

          I am less selfish, more considerate and patient than I was before. I love Enoch more because of our trials than I ever thought possible. In these past five years we have traveled to another country, been separated for 6 months, endured a miscarriage, moved 8 times, moved states, joined the military, received a Masters degree, cried much, laughed often, bought our first home, had our first child and now expecting our second. Our marriage is not perfect. I am not perfect. Enoch is not perfect.

      We understood each other because of our upbringing. We saw the potential in each other and like our patriarchal blessing said we had an "instant bond." I fell in love with Enoch because he offered me things that others could not. He gave me unconditional, genuine love, patience, empathy, kindness and laughter. Growing up, I never thought I would find someone like him nor have the happiness that I feel in his arms.

     I know I am blessed to have such a hard-working, humble, loving man in my life. John Legend has a song with lyrics that say "'Cause all of me..Loves all of you..You're my end and my beginning.. Love all your perfect imperfections."

I love Enoch for his imperfections and admire his willingness to work for our children, our, happiness and marriage. I am really looking forward to spending the rest of my life and eternity with Enoch. And I am so grateful for the family we have.


The first picture we took together-November 2007
 


 
Honeymoon in Hawaii

We baked a cake the Sunday before the date to celebrate our anniversary



Enoch took us on a horse drawn chariot ride around downtown



Dinner at our favorite place


No comments: