I've been training for a marathon since March. I got myself back in shape and had planned on running in the Chosen Marathon at the end of this month. But since we had to move to our new house and unpack, my running days got really bad. I've always said my family and home comes first and I kept my word. I put aside the 4 to 5 times a week running during the moving and unpacking time and it affected my running.
Three weeks ago, I started to get my groove back again but sadly started feeling pain in my left ankle. The pain started at my 7.5 mile run this Saturday and has come and go. I am going to a chiropractor today to see what is wrong with it. If my leg gets better, I will continue to train and run in the Austin marathon coming up in mid December.
Training for this marathon is proving to be quite the challenge, both on my body and time that I don't have. The most I have ran on one of my distance day(Saturdays) is 12 miles.
I am praying, and trying my best to accomplish this goal. The upside is after 3 years of wearing the same running shoes, I made myself get new Brooks running shoes. I am praying this will help my ankle pain as well. I continue to be determined and motivated to keep going!
 |
| Melany and mommy's new shoes |
 |
| My views when I run |
 |
| I love Melany's face as I put a flower on her head |
1 comment:
Good luck. New shoes should help. They recommend you replace your running shoes every 500 miles, which is probably around 6-12 months. Did you get fitted at a running store? If not, I highly recommend it. They can really help you find ones that will be best for your feet. That helped me a ton!
And yeah, I really want to do a marathon someday. But it'll have to be in a few years. The time commitment is WAY more than I can give any time soon!!
Good luck!!
Post a Comment