 |
| Melany's room(under construction) |
We are happy to say we are finally settled in to our home at Seaside. Melany and I arrived to the city about 3 weeks ago. This is our first military move and it wasn't too bad since there wasn't much moving we had to do. However, we had to live out of a suit case for a week and got to live with grandma Gloria, uncle Kevin and Aunt Emily. We had a blast staying with them because they are so kind and much fun!
I had a job interview here 2 days after we arrived and am happy to say I got the job right on the spot! The supevirsor said I was great for the job and asked me if I wanted to join their agency. I say "yes" on the spot because I felt this was the perfect job for me now. It is a part-time bilingual social worker position for a company called New Families, Inc. This agency is based in Santa Cruz but I will work with families in Salinas. I say this job is perfect because it is flexible, and part-time which means I get to spend most of my time with Melany. I also get to work in the evenings which means when I'm at work, Enoch can take care of Melany. What a blessing! I'm glad it was the only job I applied to and got!

Oh, and for those wondering about our home, it is 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath. It is a beautiful house and we feel blessed to live in it. We know that little by little, we will fill some of the room with fantastic DIY ideas and decorations. In the mean time, we are enjoying new friends, sandy beaches, lush landscapes, and community events. But more importantly, we are enjoying each others company and feel so glad to be under the same roof as a family again.
 |
| Our living room |
 |
| The Clam Chowder/ Calamari festival |
No comments:
Post a Comment